The AlpenRetreat Video
8/12/2015 - 13/12/2015 - Arrival starting 4:00 PM, Departure till 1:00 PM
Think of a holiday that brings you fresh mountain air, cosy wooden interiors in traditional Austrian style, explore the mountains, dynamic and restorative yoga, meditation, hot chocolate by the fireplace, new friends, exploring the Austrian alps, luxury spas and nutritious vegetarian food. And maybe even snow for ski-ing or snow boarding!
Upcoming retreat dates 08-13 December 2015
About the Retreat
- Unravel the ancient mysteries of the science and art of yoga. Explore the eight limbs of yoga, detailed alignment for physical asanas, an authentic journey into pranayama (breath work), dhyana (meditation), dharana (focusing the mind) and pratyahara (withdrawal of the senses).
- Explore the mysteries of the Tyrolean Alps on foot. And if we are lucky enough to get snow, we have the choice of three stunning resorts nearby to the retreat centre where you can don skis or a snow board and fly down the slopes.
- Expand your awareness, clear emotional blockages, go beyond your perceived limits; learn to live your yoga both on and off the mat. Each day will engage you with asanas that progressively open and unlock the body, release stress and tension from the nervous system and revitalise you.
- Unwind with restorative yin yoga in the evenings to calm the mind and prepare the body for a restful night
- Visit a stunning luxury SPA in the heart of the Alps with a world of saunas and swimming pools (indoor and heated outdoor).
- Leave Austria refreshed, revitalized, focused and fully relaxed.
– 1 double bed with on-suite bathroom and toilet
– Vintage room: 1 double bed, 1 single bed
– Rajastani room: 1 double bed
– Scotland room: 1 single bed
=> these rooms share a bathroom and toilet
– Inca room: 2 single beds + Couch
– Tibetan room: 1 double bed, 1 single bed => these rooms share a bathroom and toilet
– Buddha room: 1 French size bed, 1 single bed (mattress on a lattice usually used as couch)
– Sundari room: 1 single bed
=> these rooms share a bathroom and toilet
45mins drive to Innsbruck, 25mins to Reutte, 15mins to skiing resorts, 7mins to saunas.
What is included
- 5 nights in the beautiful “Alpenretreat”
- Delicious, nutritious seasonal cuisine, vegetarian – organic and healthy and happy purifying soul-food. 4 suppers included, the last evening, we eat out at a stunning Austrian eatery.
- Day trip to luxury SPA
- Teas & Waters on tap throughout the day
- Afternoon refreshments and happy-healthy snack
- Welcome Ceremony and introduction
- Yoga Wellness 1:1 – to set your own goals for your time with us and so we can support your physical and emotional needs
- 2.5 hours daily yoga – 90min morning practice with 2 x teachers to ensure plenty of personalised attention and 60min evening restorative/meditation/
- free time in the afternoons to go skiing or snowboarding, explore the alpine area by walking or to enjoy wellness treatments and massages
- Welcome full-body massage to relax and rebalance in body and soul
- Mind Body Spirit concierge service for all your Austria need to knows and where to goes
- flights and airport transfers
- skiing pass and equipment hire
- further treatments and therapies
- we contribute 25€ each for the dinner out on the last evening, the rest is up to the guest
Daily sample Itinerary
Susie has a sensitive inner-compass; she feels you and your fears, inspiring you to work consciously with your body and nervous system. She helps you recognise how constant states of reactivity are exhausting. Searching for equilibrium Susie left the constant highs of corporate London life all behind; the job which she was uninspired by and a state of feeling lost in the city. She chose to make life less about running and more about being still. It saved her, she often says. Yoga became a medicine and a bigger and bigger part of her life as she studied techniques in London and was then drawn to India. She is inspired by many teachers and her yoga is an eclectic mix of Vinyasa, Hatha, Scaravelli, Iyengar and Ashtanga.Origin: British
Speciality: Feeling the body moving and opening through meditations and deep Vinyasa yoga. Somatically experiencing and seeing the changes in people when they are really present and in the moment is her reward. Come and play – fluid, soft and strong – on the yoga mat with Susie!
With sensitivity and a good breeze of fun Carina teaches with full passion for movement, the body, the breath. Also running low on energy and inspiration after 5 fast paced years in London while working in 3 jobs, Carina left for the paradise island Ibiza where she now works with Susie together at Ibiza Retreats. Her love for yoga and her home country Austria left her inspired to bring this beautiful healing work home – in the stunning Alpenretreat. Susie was and still is Carina’s teacher trainer so it is an honour to work with her together.
Speciality: Dynamnic, strong and deep flowing yoga classes, guiding people back to their power and to their “atman” – the teacher inside themselves. Healthy and clean eating and leading a truthful life with all its ups and downs in full bliss.
Date: 8/12/2015 - 13/12/2015 - Arrival starting 4:00 PM, Departure till 1:00 PM
Course language: English
Blue Suite en-suite Double room*: € 1.595,- per person (Double or twin room with on suite bathroom)
Single room*: € 1.395,- per person (single occupancy with shared bathroom)
Shared room*: € 1.095,- per person (twin or double room with shared bathroom)
+43 680 5544324 (Office)
+43 680 5055150 (Wolfgang)
How to find us
- 30min drive from the German border, 1 ½ hr from Italy and 1 hr from Switzerland to the AlpenRetreat on the Tyrolean Fernpass
- airport Memmingen (München West) Within 1 hour 20min drive and Innsbruck airport within 50min drive, Munich airport 2 hr drive
- bus connections from the surrounding cities directly to our doorstep
- 5 train stations within 30 min drive: Lermoos, Imst/Pitztal, Garmisch-Patenkirchen and Reutte.
- airport pick up and drop off is possible (a fee will apply)
Located on the Tyrolean Fernpass, in the north-west of Austria, close to the German border the AlpenRetreat is easily reached via the Fernpassstrasse B179 (E532).
At the top of the Fernpass (Fernpasshöhe) there is a petrol station named "Dolle". Opposite of it on the other side of the street is a roadside restaurant (Fernpaß Rast), a red building, and a big yellow building (the former Fernpass hotel). Follow the small street between the restaurant and the yellow house for about 200m and you have reached the AlpenRetreat.
Places connected by the Fernpassstraße
Füssen – Reutte – Heiterwang – Lermooser Tunnel – Fernpass (AlpenRetreat) – Nassereith. At the border-tunnel in Füssen the Fernpassstrasse connects with the federal highway 310 and the A 7. In Nassereith it merges into the B 189 along the Inntal (Inn valley) in direction south-east towards Telfs and in south-west direction towards Imst.
In winter it is compulsory in Austria to have winter tires on your car. Although the Fernpassstrasse is well maintained and therefore easily accessible, sometimes the streets can still be covered in snow. In exceptional cases snow chains may be required (very rarely). If you are coming with a rental car, make sure it is equipped with winter tires (the rental company is obliged to provide this).
For train connections inside Austria please check www.oebb.at/en (closest train stations "Imst/Pitztal", "Lermoos", "Reutte")
For train connections from/to Germany please check www.bahn.com/en (closest train stations "Imst/Pitztal", "Lermoos", "Reutte")
Time tables and ticket reservation inside Tirol : www.vvt.at/en (closest bus stop to the AlpenRetreat is "Hotel Fernpasshöhe" or "Nassereith-Postplatz").
Time tables and ticket reservation from/to Munich: www.meinfernbus.de/en (closest bus stop is train station "Garmisch/Partenkirchen")
AlpenRetreat Transfer- und Pick-up Service
Our pick up service is meant for arrivals where public transportation is not possible anymore. Please try to reach Lermoos, Nassereith or Imst on your own.
Train station Lermoos: 20€*
Bus station Nassereith-Postplatz: 20€*
*The prices are per direction (pick-up- or drop-off) per car. If more guests share a car, the costs are divided between them.
Distance: 64 km
By car from the airport: aprox. 55min
By bus from the airport: Take the bus line F at the airport to the main train station in Innsbruck (Innsbrucker Hauptbahnhof), from there take the "Regionalbus" directly to the bus station "Nassereith Postplatz" or "Hotel Fernpasshöhe" aprox. 1 h 10 min. Time table on www.vvt.at/en
By train from Innsbruck: From "Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof" (main train station) to train station "Imst/Pitztal". Time table on www.oebb.at/en
Distance: 118 km
By car from the Airport: aprox. 1h 20min
Take the bus to the Memmingen train station. From there you can take a train to Lermoos via Kempten and Reutte. Please check the time table on www.bahn.com/en
Distance: 161 km
By car from the airport: aprox. 55min
By bus from the airport: You can get on www.meinfernbus.de/en (big green bus) directly at the terminal. It goes to Garmisch-Partenkirchen train station. From there you can take the train to Lermoos or
Bus ticket and time table on www.meinfernbus.de/en
By train from the airport: Go via train to Munich main train station (München Hauptbahnhof). From there take the train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen and onward to Lermoos or Ehrwald.